Was the patient knocked unconscious?
Is there a loss of memory?
ACTIVITIES: Rest for 30 minutes before returning to normal activity. It is okay to go to sleep as long as a responsible person will wake you up every 2 hours to make sure your pupils are the same size in both eyes and to check to see that you know where you are, who is waking you, and things like your birthdate and phone number.
MEDICATIONS: Take nothing stronger than Tylenol for pain.
DIET: You may drink fluids immediately. If you are
not nauseated, you may eat anything you desire after a couple hours. Delay
consumption of alcohol for at least 24 hours.
CONTACT YOUR DOCTOR FOR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
1. Vomiting more than twice.
2. Severe headache that won't ease up.
3. Confusion, restlessness, irritability, or garbled speech.
4. Pupils of different sizes.
5. Stiff neck or seizures/convulsions.
6. Trouble using arms or legs.
7. Fever greater than 100.5 degrees Fahrenheit.
8. Bleeding from the nose or ears.
9. Unusual sleepiness.
Return to the Home Page