The Genealogy of
Michael Steven COLE &
Jeannie (JOHNS) COLE
Genealogy Web Site
Top 50 Family History Blogs
Free People Search.org
I like to see a man who is proud of the family from which he came.
||I like to see a man who lives in such a way to make his family proud of him.
Michael first became interested in the family tree in grade school after receiving, as a Christmas gift in the mid-1960's, a Bible which included a branching, five-generation pedigree chart. With his paternal grandmother's encouragement, he began to record details of the family history in July 1974.
From 1985 to 1997 we accumulated 52,464 relatives in our computer database using Quinsept's genealogy software
Family Roots. We are now using The Master Genealogist software (unavailable after 2014) and have over
individuals in our database.
Michael is a life member of the Arkansas Genealogical
Society and the Boone County (Arkansas) Historical Society.
He was admitted into the National Society of the Sons of the American Revolution (SAR) as #121312 on 20 December 1982 by descent from patriot Friederich SCHLEIFF.
We're apparently all related if we go back far enough. It took 22½ years to discover how Michael & Jeannie are distant cousins. If you're related to us, it's likely that we have lots of genealogical information that we can share with you. From this Web page you can discover much of the genealogy that we have uncovered. Email us if you know you're related, but don't find as much information online as you'd like. It is our hope that this Web site will enhance pride in your family's heritage and strengthen your faith in generations that will come after us.
Don't miss our
We are particularly interested in finding any genealogical
information about the following ancestors
(#'s are ahnentafel):
- BELEW or BELUE (#418), Zachariah (1758, SC - 1845,
Lawrence Co., TN) married c.1781 Mary BULLINGTON (c.1760, VA - 1839, Lawrence
- BROWN (#58), Andrew H. (c.1828, TN - 1860's) married Mary A. (b.
c.1834, TN). She remarried 1868, Randolph Co., AR, to William R. WALKER (b.
- CARPENTER (#246), Jonathan (by 1755, VA - 1810/33, Rutherford
Co., NC) married by 1785 Mary HINES(?) (by 1755 - 1830/43, Rutherford Co.,
- CARROLL (#432), William (c.1731 - c.1781, Granville Co., NC) married
Elizabeth JEWEL. Their son William (c.1752, Fairfax Co., VA - 1835, Lincoln
Co., NC) married 1777 Keziah CURRIN (c.1762 - 1845, Sparta, TN), dau. of
James CURRIN & Elizabeth.
- COWAN (#156), Samuel (1770's-1830's) married c.1800 Sarah KEITH
(c.1778, Bedford Co., VA - c.1849, Titus Co., TX), dau. of Judge Nichodemus
KEITH & Peggy BORDEN.
- DUCK (#3361), Elizabeth (c.1649, co. Armagh, Ireland - by 1714,
Chester Co., PA) married 1678 George HARLAN or HARLAND (c.1650, co. Durham,
England - 1714, Chester Co., PA).
- EARLES (#110), William (c.1770, VA - c.1866, White Co., TN) married
1790's Mary (1774/80-1840's). They were in 1800/10/30/40 Lincoln Co.,
- FITZPATRICK (#211), Nancy (b. Union Co., SC; d. 1854, Monroe Co.,
KY) married Samuel HARLAN (1778, SC - 1847, Gamaliel, KY). She was
the dau. of Alexander FITZPATRICK.
- GASS (#354), Samuel (c.1757, Lancaster Co., PA - 1827, Franklin
Co., TN) married c.1781 Nancy ROSE.
- HANKINS (#124), Wright (1790's, SC or VA - 1840's, GA or AL) married
Nancy Arminta TALLANT (c.1800, Anson Co., NC - 1850's, Craighead Co., AR),
dau. of Richard TALLANT & Sarah LINDSEY. The first 9 HANKINS children
were born in Roane and McMinn Cos., TN.
- HAWKINS (#76), Felix G. (c.1820, TN - 1891, AR) married c.1846
Parellee J. HARP (c.1825, TN - c.1851?), dau. of William Watson HARP &
Rhoda. They were in 1850 White Co., TN.
- HENSLEY (#46), John Alexander (b. c.1840, TN - 1913 , Boone Co.,
AR) married c.1863 Mary Ann JOHNSON (1839, Cannon(?) Co., TN - 1883, Boone
- HUNT (#72), Eli Milton (1810's, GA - by 1845, AR) married c.1836
Martha A. HOAGE (c.1820, GA - c.1860, AR). They were in 1840 Heard
Co., GA; she in 1850 Independence Co., AR.
- JOHNS (#384), Robert (prob. 1730's - by 1778, Amherst Co., VA) married
c.1760 Mary GRESHAM. Their children were Thomas, Robert, William, Jesse, Francis,
John Alexander, Bartlett, Nancy, Salley JOHNS, Judith BOOTH, Mary RICHARDSON, Elizabeth BOOTH.
- LONG (#42), Crittendon Christopher (c.1852, PA - c.1917, Grenola,
KS) married 1876 Emily J. FISHER (1844, OH - 1911, Moline, KS). They were
in 1880 Livingston Co., IL. Their children were Cora, Albert, Lena Liza,
- MARGRAVE or MARGRAVES (#50), John (b. c.1821, KY) married
1846 Abigail YOUNG (b. c.1824, SC). They were in 1850 Hamilton Co.,
- MARTIN (#148), Sion Taylor (c.1805, TN - c.1865, Lawrence Co.,
AR) married c.1824 Elizabeth SMYTHE (1804/10, Caswell Co., NC -c.1845, Searcy
or Lawrence Co., AR), dau. of John PAYNE & Betsey SMYTHE.
- PACE (#56), Andrew J. (c.1823, TN - 1870's, AR) married c.1843
Cathrine (c.1830, TN - 1860's, AR). He was in 1850 Perry Co., TN, and
1870 Randolph Co., AR.
- QUARLES or QUALLS (#254), Eleazer (Eli A.) (c.1780, SC
- 1855, Poinsett Co., AR) married Celia and Jane. He was in 1810
Pendleton Co., SC, and 1830 Troup Co., GA.
- SIMPSON (#97), Susannah A. (c.1800, VA - 1873, Hamilton Co., IL)
married Lewis H. JOHNS (c.1796, VA - 1859, Hamilton Co., IL). She was
the dau. of John SIMPSON of Amherst Co., VA.
- SPRINGER (#416), Ezekiel (b. 1754, Union Co., SC) married Rebecca
COLLINS. Their children were John, Rachel (Mrs. Benjamin RUSH), Desire (Mrs.
- STUCKEY (#160), Martin (c.1778-c.1848, Cumberland Co., PA) married
c.1800 Rosana KIEFER (b. c.1784, PA), dau. of Adam KIEFER & Elizabeth
- SULLINS (#480), Richard (d. c.1771, Halifax Co., VA). His children
were John SULLENS (d. c.1808, St. Louis Co., MO), Nathan (d. c.1805, TN),
and Josiah (d. 1773, Halifax Co., VA). Josiah's son Zachariah SULLINS
d. 1822, Rutherford Co., NC.
- TUMA (or THUMA) (#16), John (b. 1848, Bohemia) married
18 May 1874 to Katie SVOBODA (1852, Moravia - 1925, Nebraska). They had the
following children: Josephine, William, Emma, Joseph, Frank, Gustie, and
- WINTER (#5044), Obadiah (c.1639, Scituate, MA - 1675, Woodbridge,
NJ) married Margaret CROMWELL, dau. of John CROMWELL & Joan BUTLER.
If you have any information that you think might add to our records, we would love to hear from you. If you would like to receive genealogical data from us which might help in your research, we will be happy to share.
You may contact us at
Link to Michael's Home Page
Link to Jeannie's Home Page